Thursday, February 26, 2015

Give Confidence, Hope and Style with Talbot's


Funny how things happen just when they should. I've been volunteering at Dress for Success for about six months now. Volunteering at anything is worthwhile and rewarding, but I've been having such a good time I wanted to share the experience.

Unfortunately I don't think or write that fast. While my post is "in the works" along comes word that Talbot's, the women's specialty store with 425 locations in the United States and Canada, is spotlighting Dress for Success from February 23 - March 22.

If you received a catalog in the recent mail, you'll find a coupon for 25% off your purchase until March 8, an invite to a Spring Style Shopping Party on March 7, a request to donate nearly new wear-to-work items March 5 -8 or to make a monetary gift to Dress for Success through March 22. There is also a Q & A with the CEO of Dress for Success Worldwide and an inspiring interview with a Dress for Success client.

Don't just take my word for it, this is a wonderful organization. Meanwhile you might divest yourself of some unloved apparel and take the opportunity to join Talbot's in helping to inspire and empower women.

Notice how INSPIRING and SPRING just seem to go together?

2 comments:

  1. I know a couple of stylists who also volunteer with Dress For Success, such a huge success. I've actually not heard of Talbot's - will look out for them. So pleased it's Spring!
    Lorna Mai Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately Talbot's is only in the US and Canada. Dress for Success may be partnering with UK retail though as they are a worldwide organization. Your blog looks very interesting! I look forward to getting back to it.

    ReplyDelete